Syllabus - Fall 2006
Week 1 Sept 7
Complete Field Placement Application
Review purpose of Field Placement and Seminar
Discuss Course Requirements and Grading
Discuss Student Packets available at the CCRI Bookstore
- DUE NEXT WEEK: LOG 1 - What are your concerns about your first
day at Field Placement?
If working at your placement - What are your responsibilities at your field placement?
Week 2 Sept. 14
Distribute Field Placement Assignments
Explain three Field Placement Goals
Discuss reporting to Field Placement
Discuss appropriate attire
- PRESENT: Log 1/Concerns
- DUE NEXT WEEK: Field Placement Fact Sheet
Week 3 Sept. 21
Complete "Initial Impression" form in class
Share first week experience
Discuss Goal "Routine"
Discuss purpose of portfolio and Field 1 portfolio requirements
- PRESENT: Fact Sheet
- DUE NEXT WEEK: Log 2/List Three Classroom Rules
Week 4 Sept. 28
Demonstrate the reading of a story
Discuss Goal "Story"
Review status of Goal 1 "Routine"
Portfolio Development - Resume
- PRESENT: Log 2/Classroom Rules
- DUE NEXT WEEK: Log 3/What is the daily schedule of
Rough draft of Resume
Week 5 Oct. 5
Discuss Goal 3 "Display of Student Work/Project"
- PRESENT: Log 3/Daily Schedule Resume
- DUE NEXT WEEK: Goal 1
Critique of Goal 1 "Routine"
Week 6 Oct. 12
Portfolio Development: Philosophy of Education
- PRESENT: Goal 1 "Routine"
- DUE NEXT WEEK: Give an example of an inappropriate
classroom behavior that you observed
Outline of Philosophy of Education
Week 7 Oct. 19
Review status of Goal 2 "Story"
- PRESENT: Log 4/Behavior
- ASSIGNMENT: Log 5/Draw the Floor Plan of Your Classroom
Week 8 Oct. 26
Share responsibilities assigned by supervising teacher
Review status of Goal 3 "Documentation of Seatwork Assignment"
- PRESENT: Log 5/Floor Plan
- ASSIGNMENT: Goal 2 "Critique of Story"
Week 9 Nov. 2
Discuss letter of appreciation for Field Supervisor
- PRESENT: Goal 2 "Story"
- ASSIGNMENT: Log 6/Describe the Diversity of your Student Population
Week 10 Nov. 11
Discuss course selection for next semester
Portfolio Development Reflective Statement
- PRESENT: Log 6/Diversity
- ASSIGNMENT: Goal 3 "Documentation of Seatwork Activity"
Week 11 Nov. 16
Distribute Field II Applications
- PRESENT: Goal 3 "Documentation of Seatwork Assignment"
Share Seatwork Assignment in Seminar
- ASSIGNMENT: Reflective Statement
Week 12 - November 23 - Thanksgiving - No Class
Week 13 Nov. 30
Submit Field II Application
- PRESENT: Reflective Statement
Week 14 Dec. 7
Discuss "Thank You" note for supervising teacher
Share Portfolio in seminar to include:
- Binder/Page Protectors
- Philosophy of Education Outline
- Graded Paper
- Field Evaluation
- Field 1 Reflective Statement
- Letter of Recommendation
- Documentation of CORRECTED Field Goals
- Certificate of Special Training
- Documentation of Workshop/Conference Attendance
- Documentation of Community Involvement/Volunteerism
Week 15 Dec. 14
Complete Evaluation of Field Placement & Seminar
Individual Conferences TBA - Bring Portfolio to Conference