Since email is the primary way we will communicate
with each other, it is important that we follow these guidelines.
My email address is email@example.com.
1. Never begin an email with "I am sorry for bothering you" or "I don't want to be a pest, but..." You ARE NOT bothering me. It is my job to help you in any way I can. No comment or question is unwelcomed or too silly for me.
2. Generally, I try to respond to emails within 24 hours. Of course, there are exceptions. If you don't hear from me within 48 hours, feel free to email me again.
3. If you are concerned about your emails getting to me, you can ask for a Read receipt from your email program.
4. When I email the class, I use the college's email system. That means you will need to check your CCRI email at least 3-4 times a week.
5. You can email me from MyCCRI, from Blackboard, or from whatever email address you prefer, and I will reply to that address. Be sure to put a subject in the subject line so I can file/save the email. (Note: Within Blackboard, you can email me and ONLY those enrolled in the course.)
6. Please be courteous in your email. When emailing, sometimes people forget that there is an actual person receiving the email and often say things that they would not ordinarily say to someone face-to-face.
7. Use proper English (sentence structure and punctuation) in your emails.