Rhode Island College
Post-Graduate, Program in Educational Leadership
New England Educational Institute
Advanced Studies in Psychology
Ph.D., American Culture and Government; Modern European History
MAT, American History/Education
BA, International Relations
• NDEA Fellowship for Improvements in Teaching, Clark University
• Ford Foundation Fellowship, Educational Innovations, Brown University
• President's Award from the National Organization for Human Services
Other Professional Experience
• Director, Dormitories, Clark University.
• Newspaper Reporter; Press Secretary, Governor of Rhode Island; TV Documentary Writer; and Advertising Copy Writer.
• Professional Musician (piano); concert producer.
• Superintendent of Schools.
• Music Writer, Various Newspapers and Magazines.
• Jazz Historian.
• American Association of School Administrators
• Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
• Rhode Island School Superintendents Association
• Rhode Island Association for Curriculum Development
• New England Organization of Human Services, President, 1985 – 1987
• Professor, Human Services, CCRI, 1971- Present; Department Chair, 1971-1987.
• Assistant Professor, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 1967-1971.
• Pawtucket West High School, English/Social Studies.
• Part-time teaching: Brown University, Clark University, University of Rhode Island, Rhode Island School of Design, Roger Williams College, and Cape Cod Community College.
• Pawtucket Historic District Commission, Vice Chair
• Pawtucket Arts Council, Volunteer Executive Director
• Povidence Art Club
• Povidence Federation of Musicians, Executive Board Member
• The University Club, Providence, Entertainment Committee
• Home Health Services, Board Member
• Preservation Society of Pawtucket, Vice President
• Providence Federation of Musicians, Board Member
• Rhode Island Historical Society, Executive Board
• Friends of RISD Museum
• Midcoast Maine Jazz Society
This page last modified on: April 07, 2010