- Provide an index or
table of contents for
easy navigation of the
site, and on all sub pages. place the index in the
same area on those pages.
- Identify a section of
your page that needs to updated frequently and group changing content
together in this area.
- Use a template that can be used for sub pages.
Creating Course WebPages
Ready to Use
- Identify the department and course.
- Identify the course sections, dates, meeting times,
and room number
- Provide contact information with name, telephone
number, email address, and office location
- Identify textbooks, and other materials needed for
- A brief course description.
- Detailed list of class policies.
Navigation and Links
links to the homepage
- Provide a
link to your email.
a consistent and predictable navigation scheme.
graphics that are links to textbooks, school's homepage, making
links to other valuable student information within your institution.
- Use links to provide access to additional resources
on the web.
Linking to the Semester
from Your Homepage
- From within your syllabus, link to
chapter and class
- Link to homework and extra credit
- Provide solutions to homework
- Provide a link PowerPoint presentations
for the class lecture.
- Use a calendar to outline exams dates, homework
due dates and holiday or